Free Standard Shipping offer is valid on orders $50 or more placed online at organictraditions.com for U.S. or Canada Standard Shipping. No promo code required to redeem free shipping, just select Standard Shipping during checkout. If any other shipping options is selected, the stated shipping and handling fees will apply. If you return a portion of your online purchase, shipping charges will be assessed for the return shipping costs. Sales tax is not included in total minimum purchase requirement calculation. Not valid on previous purchases. Offer is subject to change without notice.
If you’re not already on the maca-train, don’t fret because we have your ticket! Maca is a root vegetable derived from the Andes mountains of Peru. Similar to ginseng, Maca is packed with micronutrients and even a hefty amount of protein, making it a nutritional powerhouse that will without a doubt contribute to your overall health. Most maca you will find in the West comes in powder form so it can be pretty easy to incorporate into your diet. Maca alone has quite a strong taste, however when incorporated into the right dishes it can add lovely subtle hints of butterscotch. If you’re new to maca and are looking for a delicious way to ease yourself into this powerful adaptogen, a great place to start would be with our Macaccino Truffles! Made with our Macaccino Drink mix, this sweet treat will give you a great energy boost while also aiding to balance out your hormones and keep you mood elevated all day long. Our Macaccino Drink mix is 100% organic and contains gelatinized maca, cacao, coconut sugar and vanilla so these truffles don’t require any added sugar. Try out the recipe below!.
Energy boosting & mood enhancing
Rich in copper & iron
What You’ll Need:
½ C Almonds
½ C Cashews
½ C Coconut Spread
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
½ C Cacao Powder
7 tbsp Macaccino Drink Mix
Cinnamon & Coconut Sugar (for topping)
Dairy Free - Gluten Free - Vegan - Refined Sugar Free - Guilt Free
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Chill Time: 15 Minutes
Yields: 10-12 truffles
Truffles can be kept refrigerated for up to a week or in the freezer for up to a month!
- Pulse the almonds and cashews in your food processor until you have a sandy texture. If you'd like a crunchier texture, pulse the nuts for less time. It's totally up to you!
- Add the Macaccino Drink mix and Cacao powder do the nut mixture and pulse again until fully combined.
- Once the dry ingredients are fully combined, add the melted cacao and coconut butter. Pulse again until fully combined*
- Once combined, roll into balls at your desired size
- While the mixture is still wet, roll your truffles in your desired topping
- Chill them in the fridge for roughly 15 minutes
- Try not to eat them all in one sitting (trust us, you'll want to)
* If you find the mixture too wet, you can add another tbsp of either the Macaccino Drink mix or the Cacao powder, depending on how sweet you want it**
** The Macaccino drink mix already contains coconut sugar and vanilla, so if you're looking for something sweeter, we recommend adding this rather than cacao, which will give you a more bitter flavour
Pro Tip: Take out your truffles ahead of time and leave on the counter to soften