- Highest quality Organic saffron from Kashmir, India
- One of the world's most precious botanicals
- Provides protective antioxidants
- Boil a pinch as a tea or add to recipes
Overview of Key Benefits
Anti-Tumor Extracts of saffron demonstrate inhibition of human tumor cell growth in vitro. Blood Pressure Lowering Aqueous extracts of saffron exhibit hypotensive properties and lower blood pressure in animal models. Crocin and safranol are the constituents demonstrating this activity. Aphrodisiac In one animal model.
Country of Origin: India
Ingredients: Certified Organic Saffron
Botanical Name: Crocus sativus
Produced in a facility that packages tree nuts (Almonds, Hazelnuts and Cashews). The facility is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free and peanut free.
Refrigeration not required. Store in a cool, dry, dark place.
- Steep saffron threads in warm water stock or milk for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Steam with rice and potatoes.
- Grind a few threads in a pestle & mortar.
- Used in traditional Indian/Pakistani dishes.