3 simple ingredients gets you the base for these coconut baru butter eggs. Add in one more and you've got yourself a naturally colored icing! These baru butter eggs are the perfect healthy treat for when you're feeling for something sweet. Bonus: They're essentially sugar free if you opt out of the colored icing. Plus, they're not just for Easter - make them any shape you want!
- Packed with plant-based protein
- An excellent source of healthy fats
What You’ll Need:
For the chocolate:
Dairy Free - Gluten Free - Vegan - Refined Sugar Free - Paleo - Keto
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Chill Time: 10 minutes total
- Yields: 10-20 eggs depending on size
- Begin by mixing 5 tbsp of coconut flour with 1 cup baru butter
- The consistency you're looking for is something similar to raw cookie dough. Add more coconut flour if needed in order to achieve this consistency!
- Shape your baru butter coconut flour mixture into desired shape and size. Place in freezer while you prep your icing
- Melt coconut spread in the microwave until fully liquid
- Separate some of the melted coconut spread to be mixed with latte of choice to add a pop of color to your eggs
- Remove baru butter coconut flour mixture from freezer and dip in melted coconut spread to coat. Place in freezer for at least 5 minutes. Repeat this step as many times as you'd like!
- Mix your colored icing by mixing in your latte of choice with melted coconut spread set aside. Drizzle on top of your baru butter eggs.
- Allow to set for at least 5-10 minutes or until solidified.
- Keep in the fridge or freezer until ready to enjoy!