There's a reason people have been using turmeric for centuries - it helps with literally everything! Digestive issues, heart health, inflammation, oxidation, cognitive health, you name it and turmeric can help it!
As @maddison.summer said when she created these coconut turmeric lemon energy balls: "these are a dream"
- Reduces inflammation
- Antioxidant rich
What You’ll Need:
- 20 dates
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup almonds, ground
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp of our full spectrum turmeric
- Pich of black pepper (enhances absorption of turmeric)
- Shredded coconut for coating ball
Dairy Free - Gluten Free - Vegan - Refined Sugar Free
1. Begin by soaking the dates in boiled water
2. While the dates are soaking, place almonds in food processor and blend until they are finely ground
3. Once the dates have soften, drain & add them to the food processor. Save the water!
4. Put all remaining ingredients in the food processor and blend. Add 1 tbsp at a time of the remaining date water to the food processor until the mixture resembles a dough
5. Transfer the dough to a bowl
6. Spoon the dough into balls, I used a 1/2 tbsp measuring spoon
7. Roll each ball in shredded coconut. Note: I food processed my coconut so that it was fine.
8. Store these heavenly lil balls in an airtight container and keep in the fridge