These power balls are not only healthy, quick and easy to make - they're also 100% nut free and school safe! How? Thanks to our baru seeds! Baru seeds, what are soon to be your new favourite superseed, have a slightly nutty taste similar to peanuts and almonds BUT they're 100% nut free!⠀
If any moms out there are looking for a #nutfree #schoolsafe snack this one's for you! Recipe by @sneakymommies
- Brain boosting fats
- Peanut Free & School Safe!
What You’ll Need:
Dairy Free - Gluten Free - Vegan - Refined Sugar Free - Nut Free - School Safe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Chill Time: 30 minutes
- In the bowl of a food processor add the pitted dates. Process on high until they get broken up and form into a ball. Using a spoon break the ball down in the bowl a bit so that it sticks to the bottom.
- Add the baru seeds and process with the dates until they get broken up and processed thoroughly and no large pieces remain.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process for 30 seconds or so until everything is thoroughly combined and no large pieces remain.
- Using your hands feel the mixture and if it feels too dry, like you won't be able to roll into a ball and for it to stay like that, add ½ tablespoon of coconut oil and process again. If the mixture feels grainy and when you roll it into a ping pong sized ball it stays together then roll it into balls and place in a sealed container in the fridge. The balls will harden in the fridge and will keep their shape.
- Store for 4-5 days max in the fridge in a sealed container.