Gluten-free crackers are not only difficult to come by, but they can often be expensive and sometimes tasteless. Many of them also contain almond flour, which may not be suitable for a large number of individuals. This is why we created these slightly sweet superseed crackers! We used our sprouted quinoa as the hero of these gluten free crackers, combining them with a few other seeds to create a crunchy, delicious grain free cracker. These crackers are also refined sugar free, made with our organic coconut palm sugar, which we turned into a simple syrup by reducing it in water over medium heat. This along with our sprouted chia flax and coconut oil acts as the binding agent of the cracker, also lending it it’s slightly sweet taste. Treat yourself to these superseed crackers packed with healthy fats, a ton of fibre, plant protein and complex carbohydrates!
- High in healthy fats
- Sprouted grains to keep you satiated
- Sweetened with organic coconut palm sugar
- Healthy fats + fibre + protein + complex carbs
What you’ll need:
- ½ C sprouted quinoa
- ¼ C pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp rice bran & germ powder
- 2 tbsp sprouted chia & flax
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ C sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- ⅓ C coconut palm sugar simple syrup
Dairy Free - Gluten Free - Vegan - Refined Sugar Free - Nut Free
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30-40minutes
- Preheat oven to 275F
- Combine dry ingredients.
- In a microwave safe dish, melt and combine coconut oil and simple coconut syrup. Whisk until fully incorporated.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Mix well.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread the mixture evenly. It should be approximately ¼ inch thick.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Rotate the pan and bake again for another 15 minutes.
- You will know that your crackers are ready once they’ve achieved a deep golden colour and the edges are slightly browned. You should also be able to lift the mixture and have everything stick together.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before breaking them into bite sized pieces. You can speed up this process by removing the mixture from the tray and allowing it to cool on a cooling tray.
- Once completely cooled, break into desired sizes with your hands.
- Enjoy alone, with cheese, jam, ice cream, you name it!