Store bought granola bars and bites are a thing of the past. Not only do they often contain hydrogenated oils, unhealthy fats and refined sugar but they can be so expensive too! Why not try making your own instead? There's nothing more satisfying than making something yourself (especially when it tastes this good). We used our homemade baru butter in place of peanut or almond butter to make this healthy snack school safe and allergen free. They're perfect as an afternoon pick me up or a snack on the go!
- Packed with healthy fats
- Refined sugar free
What You’ll Need:
Dairy Free - Gluten Free - Vegan - Refined Sugar Free - Paleo
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Chill time: 20 minutes
- Yields: roughly 24 bite sized servings
- Whisk together your sprouted chia flax and water and set aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients
- Combine all dry ingredients, save dried fruit, in a large mixing bowl
- Combine all wet ingredients in a separate mixing bowl - don't forget to add your sprouted chia flax egg!
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients
- Fold in dried fruit and additional add ins (you could try adding some crushed baru seeds for a crunchy texture!)
- If making bars, line a baking tray or dish with parchment paper. Spread your mixture evenly in the and press down to ensure it all sticks together. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Once solidified, cut into desired sized pieces
- If making bites, press a scoop of your mixture into a mini muffin tray OR try rolling your mixture into balls. Whichever method you choose - refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before enjoying!
- Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.