Say goodbye to your morning coffee and say hello to the perfect anti-inflammatory, antioxidant rich matcha latte! This Matcha Latte will give you enough energy to start your day that you won’t find yourself missing your ritual cup of jo. Matcha contains L-theanine, a naturally occurring amino acid that’ll give you a steady stream of energy and keep you focused but relaxed all day long. This revered type of green tea is a gentler source of caffeine, plus is packed with antioxidants. Of course you can enjoy matcha with hot water alone, but this slightly sweet, creamy latte is even better with a dairy free milk and natural sweetener.
* Our Matcha Latte can be prepared with or without a blender!
- Coffee- substitute
- Antioxidant rich
- Anti-inflammatory properties
What You’ll Need:
- 1 C dairy free milk (hemp, almond, coconut etc.)
- ½ tsp. To 1 tsp Premium Matcha Green Tea
- 1 tbsp. of Coconut Spread
- ½-1 tsp. of Coconut Palm Sugar
- ½ tsp. of cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp. warm water
- Feel free to substitute the coconut sugar for any other natural sweeteners such as maple syrup, stevia, Yacon Syrup OR no sweetener at all!
- For an adaptogenic matcha latte, add ¼ tsp. Maca powder and/or ¼ tsp. Ashwagandha powder
- 1 scoop Collagen (this will make your latte extra foamy!)
Vegan - Dairy Free - Refined Sugar Free
Prep Time: 3-5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Yields: 1 serving
Preparation (No Blender):
- Heat your dairy free milk in a saucepan on the stove on low-medium heat, or in the microwave, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the coconut spread into the dairy free milk
- While your milk is heating, combine matcha, sweetener, cinnamon and warm water in your mug and whisk together to form a paste. A bamboo whisk works best, however you can also use a metal whisk or spoon.
- Once you have formed a paste and your milk is hot, combine the two in your serving mug and enjoy!
- Heat your dairy free milk in a saucepan on low-medium heat, or in the microwave, stirring occasionally. Do not bring to a boil. It is important that the milk is not boiling when combined with the matcha because this could burn the matcha.
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until frothy.