Join Organic Traditions in Our Tree Planting Initiative in India
by Vickie Chin on Jun 06, 2023
Introducing Our Tree Planting Initiative in India
At Organic Traditions, our dedication goes beyond promoting healthy lifestyles – we are passionate about preserving our planet's natural beauty. In partnership with One Tree Planted, we're thrilled to announce a significant step in our green journey – a tree planting initiative in India.
Why Trees in India?
India's forest are severely being depleted due to industrialization, threatening ecosystems, wildlife, and the livelihoods of millions of people.
The loss of forests has been devastating, with over 14,000 square km cleared (almost twice the size of the GTA) for industrial projects in just 30 years. This destruction has had a significant impact on the environment, wildlife, and people who depend on the forest for their livelihoods.
According to One Tree Planted:
- Each tree planted in India will provide at least $10 USD in food and nutrition each year, with a cumulative value of 5 million dollars garnered over the next 50-60 years.
- A mature tree can sequester up to 48 pounds of carbon per year. India suffers some of the worst air quality in the world, so planting trees is particularly useful in filtering and improving air quality.
- Restoring forests will improve the lives of the estimated 275 million Indians.
How does it work
Our goal is to plant up to 5,000 trees as part of our campaign with One Tree Planted.
With every tree symbolizing a $1 USD pledge, we're setting out to make a lasting impact on the planet's precious ecosystems restoration.
For example, when you buy 5 Organic Traditions bags, you'll plant 5 trees in India.
By participating in tree planting in India, we're contributing to a variety of ecological benefits that bolster both the local and global ecosystems.
Here's a glimpse at the fantastic benefits of our reforestation in India initiative:
Restored Earth: Our initiative enhances soil quality, counters erosion, and boosts groundwater levels, rejuvenating agricultural lands.
Pollution Reduction: As natural carbon sinks, trees mitigate global warming while diminishing air and noise pollution.
Urban Heat Island Effect: Trees bring shade, mitigating urban heat islands, and fostering cooler and more pleasant urban environments.
- Habitat & Biodiversity Conservation: Trees serve as homes for various bird species and insects, bolstering biodiversity conservation.
Greener Landscapes: Green canopies enhance communities, providing shade and creating inviting spaces for connecting with nature.
Fruits for All: Trees bear fruits benefiting humans, birds, and wildlife, encouraging harmonious coexistence and biodiversity.
- Women Empowerment: Our tree planting initiative in India uplifts women by involving them in nurseries and planting activities, positively influencing their community status and driving social progress.
By supporting Organic Traditions' reforestation efforts in India, you join a transformative cause that enhances communities and safeguards our environment.
Together, we can foster greener, healthier, and vibrant communities where people and nature coexist beautifully.
Join us in sowing seeds for a greener future!
About One Tree Planted
One Tree Planted is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that is on a mission to make it simple for anyone to help the environment by planting trees. Their projects span the globe and are done in partnership with local communities and knowledgeable experts to create an impact for nature, people, and wildlife. Reforestation helps to restore forests that have been degraded or deforested, provide jobs for social impact, and restore biodiversity habitat. Many projects have overlapping objectives, creating a combination of benefits that contribute to the UN's Sustainable Development Goals.
Learn more at onetreeplanted.org.