What You’ll Need For the Base:
- 3/4 cup raw pecans
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup dates
- pinch of salt
What You’ll Need For the Shortbread:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup honey (we used @drizzlehoney 's ginger infused honey!)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
What You’ll Need For the Cheesecake Layer:
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight or in hot water for about 30 minutes)
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup yacon syrup
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp of our Turmeric Latte with Probiotics
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- + the juice of 1 lemon (for that tangy cheesecake taste!)
- ++ feel free to adjust the spices and yacon to your liking!
Dairy Free - Gluten Free - Vegan - Refined Sugar Free
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Freeze Time: overnight
- Defrost Time: 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- If not already soaked, cover your cashews with boiling water and set aside while you prepare the base and shortbread layers
- Optional: toast your pecans and almonds on medium-low heat for more flavour
- In a food processor, pulse together your pecans, cashews, dates and salt until incorporated. Once you had a sticky, dough-like texture, remove from your food processor and press into the bottom of your pan. We used a loaf pan lined with parchment but feel free to use what you have! Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together your almond flour, coconut flour, honey and melted coconut oil. Once combined, spread this mixture on top of your base layer. Bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until golden around the edges and slightly brown in the center. Remove and set aside while you prepare your cheesecake layer.
- To prepare your cheesecake batter, drain your cashews and add them to a blender with the remaining cheesecake ingredients. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust to your liking by adding more yacon or spices.
- Pour your cheesecake layer over your shortbread and base layers. Set in the freezer overnight before enjoying.
- To enjoy, remove from freezer and set on the counter for about 1 hour. Cut and serve!
- Cheesecake can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.